Many vegans get stuck in the same breakfast cycle over and over and over. Get yourself out of the rut and try these three vegan gluten free breakfast ideas. Personalization is key with these three, make them your own special breakfast recipe!
Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos
Start your day the right way with gluten free vegan tacos. Add your favorite toppings like vegan cheese, tomatoes, or vegan sour cream to spruce things up! Beware, this recipe makes roughly 6 tacos, so come hungry or share with friends and family!
2 medium red potatoes peeled and cubed
¼ tsp paprika
½ tsp sage
½ tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic pepper
Spruce it up!
½ batch of tofu scramble
Tempeh sausage crumbles
Vegan sour cream
Vegan nacho cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees
2. Toss the peeled and cubed potatoes with the garlic, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne and salt seasonings
3. Evenly spread the potatoes out on a parchment lined baking sheet, or nonstick baking surface
4. Bake 30 minutes and flip potatoes after 15 minutes
5. While your delicious potatoes are baking, prep your other taco ingredients!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
For a quick, easy, delicious vegan gluten free breakfast, make yourself some blueberry overnight oats! Make them the night before in a portable container so you can eat your vegan breakfast on the go!
1 cup of gluten free rolled oats
½ cup of coconut milk
½ cup of almond milk (or your favorite nut milk)
1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on the size of your sweet tooth)
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of fresh blueberries
A pinch of salt
Spruce up your breakfast even more with some shredded coconut, or NKG granola!
1. Combine all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until everything is incorporated
2. Add blueberries and mix a little more
3. Transfer your oatmeal to two mason jars, or any container with a lid
4. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, overnight being best
Spicy Sweet Potato Pancakes
Potato pancakes, also known as latkes, are a delicious gluten free vegan breakfast option and they’re just as easy to make as regular pancakes! Top these crispy treats with the traditional topping, applesauce, or add vegan sour cream, or ketchup!
1 1/2 cups of shredded sweet potatoes
1/2 of a small yellow onion, shredded
1/4 cup of chickpea flour
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of sweet or smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to taste
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Start by shredding your sweet potatoes and onion into a large mixing bowl. Next, add the chickpea flour, oil, vinegar, and spices. Make sure to mix until you don’t see any streaks of flour.
2. Heat up a large, flat pan over medium heat and add a small amount of coconut oil or cooking oil of your choice. Roll a ball of potato mixture with roughly two tablespoons and flatten it into a pancake shape about ¾ inches thick. Place as many pancakes into the pan as you can without crowding and cook for roughly a minute until golden brown and crispy. Flip and repeat the process until you’re out of potato mixture!
3. Keep the finished pancakes warm in the oven, they’re much better when eaten warm. Add your toppings and enjoy your vegan gluten free breakfast! (These are good at any time of day by the way)
There you go, three extremely tasty and customizable vegan, gluten free breakfast options. We hope you like them, because we sure do!